Practice Scheduled For Sunday, May 6th From 10am-3pm
LAFARGEVILLE, NY – There has been non-stop work going on the past month at the speedway, but mother nature still hasn’t cooperated with some nice weather to dry the grounds, so Can-Am Speedway management has been forced into cancelling this weekends opening events for both Friday and Saturday nights.
While the ½ mile oval is in good shape, as well as the go-kart track, the pit area, infield and grounds are just too wet for this weekends openers.
New owner Tyler Bartlett said “Everyone has been busting their tails the past month at the track and it’s too bad competitors and fans can’t see all the progress that has been made but we are going to have to wait another week to get race cars and go-karts on the track.”
With the weekends weather looking like it will improve, hopefully crews can get the track surfaces prepared and there will be an open practice for everyone on Sunday from 10:00 until 3:00.
Following the open practice, the Billy Dunn Driving School will take to the track until dark.
With opening weekend being pushed back a week, Can-Am will open next weekend with a full program for all weekly divisions as well as a Ladies Powder Puff race to help celebrate Mother’s Day on Friday night and then on Saturday night the go-karts will take to the small track for their first event of 2018.
For updated information follow our Facebook page at Can-Am Speedway or on our webpage at www.racecanam.com